Mig33 Official Community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*-*-*-Mig33 Official Community-*-*-*

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Copy tapes on your computer..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
prince-0f-lovers
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 115
Job/hobbies : ........
Mig33 ID : prince-0f-lovers
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Copy tapes on your computer.. Empty
PostSubject: Copy tapes on your computer..   Copy tapes on your computer.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Dear friends in computer land. Do any of you know how I can copy old tapes onto my computer. Can I connect my laptop to my stereo through my stereo's headphone jack? If so what cord do I need ? etc

Parts required:

1. a 3.5mm (1/8-inch) male-male stereo audio cable, or a male-male headphone cable with an added female-male 3.5mm plug
2. a free download of software from here
3. a sound card with a Microphone input

Once you download the the freeware from the above site attach your cable from the player to the Microphone input or even better if you have a "line in"on your sound card. Next, boot the software and make sure that the device selector is set to line in or Microphone. then set the Channel selector to stereo.

The software is very easy to navigate from here. Just make sure you only record a 10-15 second clip so that you can check your volume level to make sure your not getting alot of static and popping. Also make sure you set the Export File to .wav Ltter you can burn the file to CD or DVD. There is a noise reduction setting in the software but try the doing the 10-15 second clip with reducing the sound level first.

If you have any old sound device LP, 8-track ect. you can add it to your computer in the same way. This is what it means to digitally remaster something.

Hope this helps you get it all saved.
Back to top Go down
https://mig33official.forumotion.com
prem__shikari
Moderators
Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 102
Job/hobbies : student
Mig33 ID : prem__shikari,l0ve_hunt3r
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Copy tapes on your computer..   Copy tapes on your computer.. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 am

thnx for sharing bro............
Back to top Go down
https://mig33official.forumotion.com/profile.forum
Psycho_superior
V.I.P member
V.I.P member
Psycho_superior

Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : student/foruming
Mig33 ID : ...........
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Copy tapes on your computer..   Copy tapes on your computer.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:18 am

Thanx bro for ur share.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.psychosuperior.page.tl
lenovo_201

lenovo_201

Male
Number of posts : 70
Job/hobbies : Mig33 chating
Mig33 ID : lenovo_201
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Copy tapes on your computer..   Copy tapes on your computer.. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 am

Thanx 4 sharin keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copy tapes on your computer..   Copy tapes on your computer.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Copy tapes on your computer..
Page 1 of 1